Home > Knitting > The Hat Parade

The Hat Parade

August 29th, 2013

The current and just completed hat parade. I am down to just one hat on the needles

the lonely hat which doesn't know what pattern it is going to be

the lonely hat which doesn’t know what pattern it is going to be

And the rest are all completed.

I like these two tops

And finally – the reversible slouch hat which is knit out of fingering yarn and used up the rest of the 100 gm skein that made the one hat above.

Now all I need to do is write up the 7/1 slouch and the reversible slouch decently and post/pdf. I think that might even be more fun that finishing Analucia (there is this small matter of an awful lot of beads and a picot bind off…..

Categories: Knitting Tags:
  1. August 29th, 2013 at 15:06 | #1

I read about a guy in Portland (or maybe Seattle) who has made hundreds of hats and hands them out to people who need a hat or a smile or whatever.
    Gee that deep-see blue is a wonderful color.

2. August 29th, 2013 at 15:07 | #2

(And that was not a hint I need a hat, either. It is just a nice color!)

• August 29th, 2013 at 15:38 | #3

That is ok – I would knit you a hat in that color!

3. Isobel
    August 29th, 2013 at 17:29 | #4

OK. So I see all the hats AND the toys. The Karbonz needles are great. I keep breaking my small size dps. Pretty hard to break carbon!

4. August 29th, 2013 at 19:07 | #5

Cool! That’s a lot of work and a whole lot of new beauty in the world. Very nice.

5. Ruth
    August 29th, 2013 at 19:53 | #6

A busy bee are you! Love the purl slouch’s look, though I confess to not being a fn of purling in the round. Quite green with envy re the new toys…I haven’t convinced myself I am worth the cost of those better needles…yet.

• August 30th, 2013 at 14:20 | #7

No purling involved at all, except in the ribbing – this is knit, turn and knit back, just reversing the direction of the knitting with every color change!

Comments are closed.